Here’s a take on Monopoly that makes the Railway Stations good for something other than just collecting rents!
You will need
- A Monopoly set.
- two rulers
- pen and paper
All rules are as normal for Monopoly with the exception of the following:
- When setting up, place the rulers so that each one runs between one of the two pairs of opposite Railway Stations.
- Players may move in either direction around the board.
- A player who begins their turn on a Railway Station may choose to ride the Railway to any other Station, paying a Fare of $50 to the bank, or to the player who owns all four Stations (if there is one).
- A Player who finishes their turn on a Railway Station must pay the normal amount of rent owing for doing so. This is in addition to paying their Fare.
- Since Players will not circle the board and Pass Go in a reliable fashion, each player will receive $200 from the bank at the start of each 7th turn. Turns should be counted, with the first player to move each turn keeping count with the pen and paper.
Winning the Game
- as per the normal rules of Monopoly.